Travel & accommodations
The conference will be held at the Medical Science Building on the medical campus of St. Andrews.
If you are flying into Edinburgh, there are several options for travel to St. Andrews:
- Taxicab. The trip will take around 1hr 15 min and cost ~£120
- Shuttle. Various shuttle services run from the airport to St. Andrews; you are strongly encouraged to book in advance. One service can be found here. Cost is ~£40 but may vary.
- Transit. There are several routes for buses and trains to St. Andrews. You may find it easiest to ask Google Maps for directions when you arrive. Buses and trams generally allow you to buy your tickets on board with a debit card. We are suggesting a few routes here but others exist as well.
- By bus. The airport coach xPlore Dundee picks up at the airport Stance E and takes you directly to Dundee. From there it is a ~13 mile cab ride or you can take the 99 bus from the train station to St. Andrews. The coach is ~£20 plus another £6.50 for the 99 bus, or somewhat more for a taxi. Reservations in advance are available.
- By train. The closest stop to St. Andrews is called Leuchars (pronounced LOO-CARS). At the airport, take the tram to either Gateway or Haymarket stations (Google Maps can help choose the fastest route). From there, trains headed to Dundee or Aberdeen will almost all stop at Leuchars. At the Leuchars train station, you can take a taxi (~£15) or the 99 bus (£3) to St. Andrews
Further options for travel to St. Andrews are described here.
Things to do
St. Andrews is a picturesque coastal town known for its world-class golfing and magnificent walks. There’s a castle, cathedral, and museum for those interested in St. Andrews’s rich history. Learn more!